What’s the point of using Twitter for your business?
Besides the fact that over 232 million people actively use twitter monthly???
Here are a few reasons from current research.
- 67% of Twitter users are far more likely to buy from the brands they follow on Twitter. ( MediaBistro)
- 70% of small businesses are on Twitter. (MediaBistro)
- 85% of followers feel more connected with a small business after following them. (Twitter)
- 42% of Twitter users say they use Twitter to learn about products and services. (Edison)
- Nearly 80% follow a brand to get exclusive content. (MediaBistro)
There are 3 important things you can accomplish by creating and running a Twitter account for your business.
- Connecting with customers – Just take a look at the third statistic listed above. 85% of followers feel more connected with a business after following them. As a business owner, wouldn’t you always want your customers to feel more connected? It’s no secret higher feelings of connection correlate with higher levels of satisfaction, trust, and loyalty.
- Creating brand awareness – Simply making a profile for your company and tweeting your own content and content relevant to your company and industry can increase brand awareness exponentially.
- Promotions/Discounts – Many businesses utilize Twitter to release exclusive content to their loyal followers, such as promotional offers and discounts. According to MediaBistro, over 90% of users who follow businesses say they do so to get discounts and promotions. So, Twitter can be an incredibly effective tool to allow you to not only satisfy customers and fans with promotions and discounts they couldn’t get elsewhere, but to also draw in new customers and fans. This serves to grow your follower base, strengthen your follower base, and build brand loyalty.
Thanks for reading! Question: Do you have a Twitter account for your business? Let us know by leaving a comment or you can tweet us @FoxMetrics today!