On May 25, 2018, the most significant piece of European data protection legislation in 20 years will come into force when the European Union's (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive. We know that preparing for this regulatory change is a priority for many of our customers. It is a priority for us, too.
Here are some highlights.
- More control over your information. We make it easy for you to control the information you provide to us. Our policy explains how you can make choices about your information, and the measures we’ve put in place to keep your information secure.
- We have updated our platform to allow FoxMetrics users to request access to all of the personal information that we hold about a particular customer
- We have updated our platform to allow users to request that FoxMetrics and all installed applications delete specific customer records upon request, and/or upon deletion of the application.
- We added functionality as simple as a checkbox that will allow you to anonymize all data that we collect automatically.
- We had also honor and enforced Do Not Track and that is still an option in your application settings, however, it will now be enabled by default permanently and FoxMetrics users will NOT be able to disable.
Please also keep in mind that if your app collects persistent identifiers like IP addresses or cookie identifiers, you may be collecting personal data covered by the GDPR (even if that information might appear to be anonymous, or might be considered anonymous elsewhere).