Big data has become a valuable part of the business. Most businesses are leveraging data analytics to get insight into who their customers are, what they do, what they want, and how to reach them. In fact, a study by McKinsey & Company found that businesses using data analytics are 7.4 times more likely to outperform their competitors in sales, be 6.5 times more likely to retain their customers, and 19 times more likely to achieve above-average profitability.
However, maximizing your investment in analytics requires being up to date with industry trends and acquiring new tools to grow your market share. You need to keep track of what experts and industry leaders of thought have to say about the data analysis process, trends, and tools.
While there are numerous resources about analytics websites on the internet, it can be overwhelming deciding where to start. That’s why in addition to our blog, we have rounded up the top 14 analytics websites that provide excellent insights, opinions, and latest information that can help you better leverage analytics in your company.
- 1. Occam ’s razor by Avinash Kaushik
- 2. Analytic talk
- 3. Google Marketing Platform (previously Google Analytics Solutions)
- 4. FoxMetrics Blog
- 5. Analytics Vidhya
- 6. MeasuringU
- 7. Hubspot
- 8. No Free Hunch
- 9. Moz Blog – Analytics
- 10. The Forrester Research Blog
- 11. Online Behavior
- 12. Web Analytics World
- 13. Search Engine Watch
- 14. Data Science Central
- 15. KPMG Blog
1. Occam ’s razor by Avinash Kaushik
Avinash is one of the leaders of thought when it comes to digital marketing. He’s a top consultant within the industry and shares his experiences and views on his blog Occam ’s razor. The blog focuses on web analytics and digital marketing. You’ll find in-depth guides and a wide range of information covering qualitative analysis, competitive analysis, web metrics, and more. The blog also contains posts on customer analytics, social media guides, customer segmentation, amongst others.
Here are three interesting posts from Avinash Kaushik’s Occam’s Razor blog you should check out:
- The Biggest Mistake Web Analysts Make. How To Avoid It!
- Best Web Analytics 2.0 Tools- Quantitative, Qualitative, Life-Saving!
- A Big Data Imperative- Driving Big Action
2. Analytic talk
Analytic talk is the place to get an idea of what the latest Google update means for you and how you can better use Google analytics. It’s owned by Justin Cutroni, who is the analytics advocate at Google. Justin Cutroni writes on a range of topics, including customizations, web analysis, customer analysis, and more. He has also written three books; Google Analytics Short Cut, Performance Marketing with Google Analytics, and Google Analytics.
Here are three interesting posts from Analytic talk, you should check out:
- Save Your Ass With Google Analytics Data Alerts
- Understanding the Google Analytics Cohort Report
- Understanding Cross-Device Measurement and the User-ID
3. Google Marketing Platform (previously Google Analytics Solutions)
This is a must-follow blog. It’s the official blog of Google analytic. As you expect, it provides the latest updates, trends, strategies, and other valuable information to help you get the best out of Google analytics. It also promotes a few guest posts relating to analytics.
The blog has over a million followers on social media platforms and domain authority of 93. While the Link: https://www.blog.google/products/marketingplatform/360/
Here are three interesting posts from Google Analytics Solutions; you should check out:
- Take control of how your data is used in Google Analytics
- Better understand and reach your customers with new Cross Device capabilities in Google Analytics
- Putting machine learning into the hands of every advertiser
4. FoxMetrics Blog
FoxMetrics is a modern cloud-based analytics platform that empowers businesses to collect, store, transform, and explore data from the web and digital marketing activities. Our blog covers a wide range of topics from web analytics, data analytics, data warehousing, digital marketing, business intelligence, and more. Feedspot ranked FoxMetrics blog amongst the Top 30 Analytics Blogs.
5. Analytics Vidhya
Analytics Vidhya is a community of data analytics enthusiasts run by Kunal Jain. The blog is open for anyone passionate about learning data analytics. You’ll find several posts covering various aspects of analytics, including big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, predictive modeling, and more. There are also posts on the application of analytics in business, tips, and strategies to optimize your analytics investment.
Here are three interesting posts from Analytics Vidhya; you should check out:
- Behavioral Analytics: When Psychology collides with analytics
- How to implement an analytics solution for a business problem?
- How to become an analytics rockstar?
If you want to learn or get ideas about customer analytics, MeasuringU is the blog to check. It’s owned by MeasuringU, a quantitative research firm, which focuses on “the statistical analysis of human behavior and quantifying the user experience.” The blog emphasizes on customer experience, usability, statistics, and more.
Here are three interesting posts from MeasuringU blog you should check out:
- How to Measure Customer Satisfaction
- Is Usability Testing Effective?
- 10 Things to Know about Customer Effort Score
Hubspot is one of the top-ranking sites known for quality information and detailed explanation. The site contains a wide range of posts that would benefit anyone looking to improve or get more analytics ideas. You’ll find posts on general analytics, customization, metrics, conversion, and more.
Here are three interesting posts from Hubspot blog you should check out:
- How to Blend Digital Marketing Analytics and Web Analytics to Grow Better
- 10 Analytics Red Flags All Marketers Should Look Out For
- Making the Most of Traffic Analytics Tool
8. No Free Hunch
No Free Hunch is slightly different from other blogs on this list. The blog is run by Kaggle and offers a look into the thoughts of data scientists. Kaggle hosts various data science projects and competitions to challenge data scientists to produce better models for the featured dataset. It allows organizations to post their problems with a prize amount, and data scientists will solve them.
The blog also features news and tutorials for data science enthusiasts of all levels.
Here are three interesting posts from No Free Hunch you should check out:
- Instacart Market Basket Analysis
- “The 3 ingredients to our success.”
- From Football Newbies to NFL
9. Moz Blog – Analytics
Moz is a renowned name in the digital marketing industry due to its incredible tools that help marketers in many ways. It also has a thriving marketing community with resources on marketing and analytics. The blog contains posts on general analytics, conversion, bounce rates, and many more.
Here are three interesting posts from Moz blog, you should check out:
- Are Your Analytics Telling the Right Story?
- How to Benchmark in Analytics
- Why You Should Use Adjusted Bounce Rate and How to Set It Up
10. The Forrester Research Blog
Forrester Research is a top research and advisory firm that partners with businesses to develop strategies that drive growth. They have been blogging on business intelligence for years, sharing the insight of professionals who collect, analyze, and apply customer analytics to help businesses increase customer experience. The blog is ideal if you want to learn how the industry and its technology have evolved over the years.
Here are three interesting posts from the Forrester Research Blog, you should check out:
- Future Of Retail: Applying 2019 Business Insights (BI) Predictions To Retail
- Maximize Your Chances Of Business Intelligence Success
- Orchestrate Your Customer Analytics Practice With The Next Best Experience
11. Online Behavior
Online Behavior is run by Daniel Waisberg and a host of other writers. It focuses on marketing measurement and optimization. You’ll find numerous posts that will help you better understand your customers and visitors. The blog covers a wide range of topics, including social media, Google analytics, implementation, segmentation of analytics, website testing, and more.
Here are three interesting posts from Online Behaviour; you should check out:
- Reaching the next level in Data Analytics
- Revamping Your App Analytics Workflows
- Tracking Forms Effectively in Google Analytics
12. Web Analytics World
Web Analytics World features current analytic news, video guides, tool reviews, and digital marketing insight. It also has a special section that focuses on Google analytics and tips on bounce rate, conversion, exit pages, and more. The blog also contains regular contributions from featured bloggers who write on web analytics and other industry topics.
Here are three interesting posts from Web Analytics World, you should check out:
- The Risks of Analytics in a Privacy Conscious World
- 21 Essential Mobile Metrics for Measuring Success
- Transform Your Digital Workplace with Analytics
13. Search Engine Watch
Search engine watch is known for its coverage of SEO, search, and PPC topics. However, the blog also has a robust section for data analytics. You’ll find the latest stories on analytics, tips, and tools.
Here are three interesting posts from Search Engine Watch, you should check out:
- Analytics as the Source of Truth and The Power of Data Integration
- Beyond Google Analytics: 10 SEO analytics and reporting tools
- Analytics How to Do Online Competitor Analysis
14. Data Science Central
Data central, as the name suggests, covers everything related to data science and data analytics. The blog contains a wide range of topics such as data visualization, web analytics, tools, code, and more. It also features industry experts who discuss and share their insight on various topics.
Here are three interesting posts from Data Science Central, you should check out:
- Questions To Answer And Factors To Consider For Web Analytics
- Use the Data Insights Iceberg to Manage Stakeholder Expectations
- Different Ways to Incorporate Data in Business Strategy for Security
15. KPMG Blog
KPMG is a popular firm offering audit, tax, and advisory services. It has a fantastic blog that contains over 200 posts covering various topics such as customer analytic data-driven marketing, business intelligence, customer insight, and technology tools.
Here are three interesting posts from the KPMG blog; you should check out:
- Analytics in Marketing
- Technology Forces Put Vast Customer Analytics Within Reach
- Retailer Data Reveals Customer Risks and Opportunities
There you have it; our list of the best analytics website blogs to follow. Have you been following any of these blogs? What’s your thought on each of them?
Let us know in the comment section. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get first-hand news, trends, and analytics tips.